Our Story

Friday, October 29, 2010

Dates

So I'm successfully posting blog post #2. I'm proud of myself.
Here's our update:
Last weekend Matthew and I went on an Engaged Encounter retreat in Mobile, AL. It was so wonderful. It was a great retreat and God really affirmed for both of us that it is His will for us to be married. We got to focus on each other and put everything else aside. I have a very sweet, romantic, Christian and manly future husband. I can't wait until we're married!

This week has been great for me (Jess). I worked 3 in a row this week at St. Vincent's and it was great. We have done so much. We spent a day doing stabilization where I had the opportunity to be at most of the deliveries to be the nurse for the newly born baby. Jennifer, my preceptor said something really cool, that we're one of the first people to touch this brand new baby. It's pretty amazing. I did end up having a flat tire in the middle of my work week though, but Matthew and his uncle Frank came to my rescue to help me get the spare put on. Matthew is so sweet. He was actually preparing a wonderful surprise dinner for me that he had to put down in order to come to my rescue. Don't I have the most amazing husband ever? We split the meal over a few days and we had 3-bean asian salad, citrus lime rice and thai chicken with a thai peanut sauce. It was wonderful!

This weekend Matthew and I both have time off together, which is getting rarer with all the hours we're picking up. Yesterday we had frozen drink day. We had smoothies, frappuccinos and a lemon-berry slush. It was really fun. We can turn just about anything into a date. I love it! We're looking forward to getting to go to church together and having Monday off together too. We'll see what other cute date ideas we come up with. So far we've had dinner and frozen drinks. It's been nice!

Quick funny story that happened while I was writing this. I had all ready settled into my pjs and was typing about how I'm excited to have trick-or-treaters tomorrow when I heard a knock at the door and "trick or treat". So in my pj's I answered the door and gave them candy from my stash that my family had sent me for halloween. I was going to buy candy tomorrow! Obviously I was unprepared, but it was still very fun. lol

Congratulations to Karri and Trevor on their engagement this weekend! Love you both and I'm so excited to see what God has in store for you.

Let's go Rangers! First world series for the Rangers and tonight it's in Arlington.

"Brothers and sisters:
We always pray for you,
that our God may make you worthy of his calling
and powerfully bring to fulfillment every good purpose
and every effort of faith,
that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you,
and you in him,
in accord with the grace of our God and Lord Jesus Christ." 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12

God bless!
Matt & Jess

2 comments:

  1. You were in Mobile and you didn't think to say hello?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that your blog is Johnson & Johnson, even if it is a little premature [;-)]. That wasn't what you used at first, right?

    ReplyDelete